zondag 11 januari 2015

Ed Barnard has passed away…


Ed Barnard has passed away…

My dealings with Mr. Barnard have unfortunately always been limited. I guess you could say I came in late and the Doommantia mass was already in full swing. Nevertheless he was welcoming and inviting. He sat me down, gave tips, help and kept spreading his love for the good stuff. He turned me on to loads of bands and obscure outings. And he did this to the bitter end. Cause while he was battling his horrible health issues he still kept at it. He was always just a simple email away. And even though we weren’t avid communicators, those moments when we did, were always good natured, high spirited and genuine. I was a fan of his work and his writing and visited Doommantia on a regular basis. So I guess all I would like to say is: thanks for all your work, your endless rants and your long-winded reviews. And I will keep supporting the bands, buy them drinks and will let them stay at my house. You were a righteous knight of the good stuff and you will be missed! And our thoughts are with those who will miss you even more, condolences to all your fans, friends and family. R I P brother…



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.