woensdag 15 juni 2016

Black Black Black – Altererd States Of Death And Grace


Black Black Black – Altererd States Of Death And Grace
Self released – 2016
Rock, Hard, Punk, Stoner, Garage, Sludge
Rated: ****

I remember that I instantly liked this album when I quickly stepped through the songs the first time around on their Bandcamp site. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to listen to the whole thing at that moment, but kept in mind that it sounded pretty promising. Now after some more runs and some more time I know what I liked, it’s the vocalist, he formerly sang in the unforgotten Cleveland band Disengage which I dug in the late 90’s, early 2000’s, when internet was young and mp3’s were spread with Napster or AudioGalaxy. Now, nearly two decades later I’m still glued stuck to the same music and still love it. Altered States Of Death And Grace is the second album, after the self-titled debut in 2013, from the New York four-piece Black Black Black. Nine of the ten songs are unusually short for stoner- or psychedelic rock. This and the shouting singer reminds you of (post)hardcore but there is always some Kyuss’ish desert rock shining through, with a slight taste of noise and punk’n’roll...

(Written by Doktor420)




2 opmerkingen:

  1. I like Black Black Black, I like how they mix it up and sound like a mixture of genres.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Exactly, absolutely love this one. With its swagger and grime...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.